Thursday, December 29

spaghetti

spaghetti:

came with this note:

I’m Italian and I get way into eating my food. This has been a theme in my life (yes, we have family videos of me falling asleep into mashed potatoes). No need for bibs, apparently, since there is no sauce there. But my face enjoys my food. Mom decided to capture the moment. Some things never change. My family still tells me I have no nerves in my face when I am enjoying good food.

This has always been one of my favorite pictures of myself. When I saw your website, an idea emerged. I announced to my family that we needed to eat spaghetti soon. For a photo project.

Yes, that is really spaghetti sauce on my face, and yes I put it there with my hands. It’s the same table and chairs, and as close as I could get for the other props. Who knew so little really changes in 20 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment